COVID cases are on the rise again. To protect the health and safety of all our members, we have updated and reinstated our COVID policy as follows. Note, if cases continue to increase in the area, BCR may update this policy as needed at any time.
If you are feeling sick:
1) If you are feeling sick, please stay home and test for COVID. (In general, please stay home if you are feeling sick. See #10 below.)
2) If you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID, please stay home and test for COVID.
3) If you test negative for three days following exposure, you may attend practice and/or row. For the first week following exposure, do your best to stay apart from other club members and consider wearing a mask, except while rowing.
4) If you test positive, you may not come to the boathouse for at least five days. Notify a coach or board member immediately, and include details about club members you were in contact with in the last three days, and the nature and duration of that contact. We will notify club members that they may have been in contact with someone who tested positive, but we will keep your identity private.
a) You may return to the boathouse:
i) If you experience no symptoms, five days after your first positive test (test day = day 0) or
ii) If you experience symptoms, five days after your first positive test plus an additional three days symptom free
5) Do your best to keep distance between yourself and others while at the boathouse, except when necessary (carrying boats, rowing, etc).
6) If you are not comfortable rowing in team boats or have other concerns about contagious illness, please reach out to a coach or board member and we will do our best to accommodate you.
7) Remember that colds and flus are also contagious. If you are feeling sick, it may be in everyone’s best interest for you to stay home to rest and hydrate for a few days before returning to the boathouse.
8) Consider bringing or wearing a mask with you whenever you might be indoors and/or in close contact with other people.
9) BCR encourages members to stay up-to-date on all vaccinations, including getting the updated COVID vaccination this fall as well as an annual flu shot.
Thank you for your help in promoting health and wellness within the BCR community.